Friday, January 01, 2010

Joy to the World

To say we had a fantastic Christmas would be a huge understatement.

We had a huge storm coming into Nebraska, but were able to throw our stuff in the car, and head out a little early Tuesday night. Had we waited until morning, we would have been snowed in with the rest of the state. I never even consider us not getting to Kansas a possibility-which would be why I left all our presents, wrapped, at my in-laws.


Christmas Eve we were snowed in, and had a blast eating an unhurried dinner together.


Lovely table manners Brooklyn!


Mimi & Isaac mixed glitter with oatmeal for the reindeer. Apparently the glitter makes it easier for the reindeer to find.



Christmas morning was SOOOO much fun!!! Isaac and Brooklyn were thrilled with the one present that Santa left for them. That would have been fine for the day. But I couldn't wait for them to open the other special things we picked out for them.

I LOVE having a girly-girl!! (never thought that would happen)



Since Isaac is daily telling us, "I'm not Isaac, I'm Diego"
he loved this talking Diego doll from Aunti Becki!



Isn't this tree AMAZING? My mother in-law has at least one tree decorated in a different theme in each room. This is the big Victorian tree. (I wish I knew how to take better pictures inside, especially of these beautiful trees- any suggestions would be great!)

This girl is WILD! She loves all thing spinning, flying, being tossed around etc. Uncle Ben was a huge hit with both kids. Smart kids :)

And a perfect end to the the day- Aunt Heather reading bedtime stories.

We hope you all had a blessed Christmas with those you love and enjoyed the hope we have in knowing Christ was born to redeem us all.

No comments: